• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web Icon image quality

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to design a web icon, which is required to be 120 x 30 at 72 dpi JPEG or PNG in it's final state. I designed in Photoshop at 1200 x 300 72 dpi. When I try to export as PNG/ JPEG, it look like total blurry garbage, or if I try to utilize the resample options, it ups the dpi. Is there no way to export a small web image that is clear when viewed at actual size?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your exporting the image out at 10% size and you expect it to hold quality? That is unreasonable.

Design your icon at most 50% larger and save down or better yet 1:1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could lose the text and focus on making the actual logo the icon/ button. As Kevin already pointed out it is unreasonable to expect more details at such low resolutions and trying to retain the text is questionable to begin with.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree with Kevin: do this at actual pixel size. Use the pencil tool, not the brush tool, to work at precise pixel level.

Pixel art isn't easy! You can't just scale down a bigger file.

Oh, and the ppi number doesn't matter on screen, disregard that. It could be 1 ppi or 489 ppi and it wouldn't make any difference. If there is a "requirement" for a certain ppi, someone doesn't understand what ppi is. What you need to consider is the pixel size, nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines