• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebP has disappeared from export

Participant ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 days ago, i exported 20 images from PS as webP using the "save a copy command". NO PLUGIN
Today the choice of WebP has disappeared. 

So I installed a plugin from github that I found on the Adobe site.  Still, the choice is gone. 
shift+option+cmd+S will only give me a diffused webP.

How do I get WebP back to it normal place?

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 8.52.34 PM.jpgScreenshot 2023-02-02 at 8.55.24 PM.jpgScreenshot 2023-02-02 at 8.54.24 PM.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

What is the color mode and bit depth of your document?

In photoshop look under Image>Mode

If it's not RGB Color try that and see if WebP shows up when using File>Save As.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the color mode and bit depth of your document?

In photoshop look under Image>Mode

If it's not RGB Color try that and see if WebP shows up when using File>Save As.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the ticket. If you convert to RGB if in grayscale webp comes back. Why can't photoshop just do native support for WebP? This is utterly annoying. it's becoming a standard for compression in web and there's always extra steps messing with the flow. come on guys! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the ticket. If you convert to RGB if in grayscale webp comes back. Why can't photoshop just do native support for WebP? This is utterly annoying. it's becoming a standard for compression in web and there's always extra steps messing with the flow. come on guys! 🙂

By @murfemersed

Version 2022 onward natively supports WebP, so I presume that you mean why isn't it supported in Export As and is only available in Save As.

The expectation if it was added to Export As is that there would be an automatic behind-the-scenes conversion to RGB (this currently happens), with the extra option of using the convert to sRGB checkbox.

When I have created scripts for batch saving to WebP, I have included extra code to automatically convert to sRGB if the mode wasn't RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've a very long time user but not necessarily a power user. I had to get a plugin to get save as to do webP but I'm guessing that has been about 2 years now. It would be great to have more control like export as. Not have to resize the image before saving as webp. Adjust quality etc. I still prefer Legacy save for web but again, I been using photoshop since 2008 and tend to do things like a dinosaur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still available for me on Windows when saving using Save a Copy command. As already mentioned by @Jeff Arola WebP is not available in 32bit and Grayscale mode. Convert to RGB 8/16bit and try using Save a Copy command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.  ive just been on the search as it was battering my head, similar to the OP.  saved a number of images using batch as webp.  today export a graphic from AI  opened in PS and tried batch export and save as copy but no webp!  jut found this and checked, the file was CMYK.  Changed to RGB and the webp option is back again now!  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jeff and Bojan say. WebP is available natively, there's no plugin needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in RGB but webp disappeared for like 2 weeks in Photoshop. It came back on its own after about 30 exports. Strange behavior. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebP was added as a native save option (not export) in Ps 2022. Previously one had to install a 3rd party plug-in (there were two).

It isn't an export option, it is a save option so you have to select the correct menu option. Save as and export as are not interchangeable terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Just used it two days ago. webp was there, now it's gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines