• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird colors

Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, anyone knows why my my colors look weird and uneven when I paint or when I use the bucket tool? It doesen't matter what color bit mode I use. That happens even without any filters applied and it's more noticeable when I turn the opacity down. Here is a screenshot, it is barely visible but you can see it if you look closely:

Screenshot (85).png

Also I don't recall having this problem before.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Hi

By downloading your screenshot and adding a curves layer I see some banding across the screen. You are working in 16 bits/channel so this is unlikely to be in your image but merely the effect of using an 8 bit/channel display chain.

If you want to share an actual 16-bit  image file where you see the effect (rather than a screenshot) I can check it for you.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Do you mean this?

Screenshot-(85b).png

Looks like standard 8-bit display banding to me. Even if your file is 16 bit, your display is not. Unless you have an (expensive) 10 bit capable display, the display pipeline is 8 bit (or often 6 bit + dithering).

In short, in a 16 bit file, any banding you see is in your display system.

(You can also see this if you zoom out to 66.67% or lower, in which case Photoshop will reduce blending/adjustment previews to 8 bit depth. But that doesn't apply here.)

EDIT cross-pos

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

By downloading your screenshot and adding a curves layer I see some banding across the screen. You are working in 16 bits/channel so this is unlikely to be in your image but merely the effect of using an 8 bit/channel display chain.

If you want to share an actual 16-bit  image file where you see the effect (rather than a screenshot) I can check it for you.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, here is ann image in 16 bit, I i think

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

No that is not 16 bit - can you attach as a TIFF or PSD using the attachment link under the posting box

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean this?

Screenshot-(85b).png

Looks like standard 8-bit display banding to me. Even if your file is 16 bit, your display is not. Unless you have an (expensive) 10 bit capable display, the display pipeline is 8 bit (or often 6 bit + dithering).

In short, in a 16 bit file, any banding you see is in your display system.

(You can also see this if you zoom out to 66.67% or lower, in which case Photoshop will reduce blending/adjustment previews to 8 bit depth. But that doesn't apply here.)

EDIT cross-post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the Brush Settings? 

Is »Noise« checked? It might alleviate the issue somewhat (edit: for the Brush Tool). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines