Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird Problem when working off a server

Enthusiast ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Mac OS Big Sur, Pshop 22.4.2)

I get this weird issue whenever we work in Photoshop directly off our server (Windows server) where when I save the file in the course of my work, Photoshop generates an empty folder in the server directory (I can also see these folders on the actual server when viewed directly on the Windows computer.) . As you can see in the attached photo, I have saved this document three times. How can I get Pshop to stop doing this? It happens in any version of Pshop I use, so it's not a problem exclusive to the latest version. It was also doing it before I upgraded to OS Big Sur. I should also mention that Illustrator and InDesign do not do this.

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 12.18.14 PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe don't recommend working from network file servers or other removable media.

"Adobe Technical Support only supports using Photoshop and Adobe Bridge on a local hard disk"

More info

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. It's a mystery to me how so many companies can seem to work just fine with Adobe programs directly from a server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines