• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird rectangle pattern appeared over all layers in a file.

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

A weird rectangle pattern appeared over all layers in a photoshop file. The same pattern is embeded on each layer mask and even cuts through rasterised layers. Is there something obvious that could cause this? I am fairly good with the program and i have never ever encountered such an issue before.

Kamen240571912aow_0-1651085910341.png

Kamen240571912aow_1-1651085923655.png

I duplicated one of the layers on a new file and the rectangles remain. 

Kamen240571912aow_2-1651085962652.png

When i click 'Edit contents' of this layer, the original file is okay. 

Kamen240571912aow_3-1651086075433.png

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.2.2 20220304.r.325 49bf0ec x64
Number of Launches: 7
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 10.0.19044.1586
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:14, Stepping:9 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 4
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 2808 MHz
Built-in memory: 32721 MB
Free memory: 20975 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 25153 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %
SAM SDK Version: 2.0.0-main.1010.1

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

But keep in mind that Layer Masks may already have been damaged, so please start with new ones. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply!

The layer masks and layers were already damaged indeed. 

I ended up fixing the layers and masks in order to continue working. When i started noticing the same symptoms, changed the settings that you suggested.  (it's as if before the rectangles appear, i can see them sometimes but they aren't yet part of the images and masks).  That is, however, a bit of an inconvenience as the photoshop experience isn't as smooth without graphic processor acceleration. 

How is it possible that such settings can affect the actual layers inside your file? Should that be considered a serious bug?

Have you any idea how i can continue working normally with the 'Use Graphics Processor' turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try updating the GPU driver and disabling parts of the Advanced Settings (keep in mind they only take effect after restarting Photoshop). 

Check out this page: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines