• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird tool issue new Macbook Air

Advocate ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since got new Macbook Air, M1, the tools with Keyboard, is acting very fruity in Photoshop.  It's like you have to first click with mouse on some tool to even get it working or recognized, and even then with keyboard, its not easy, very glitchy, changing from Brush to Clone etc. Anyone else notice this? Thanks.

Also notice in Bridge things are bit slower, weird too.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

I think this was mentioned before. You may try going into Preferences > Tools and unchecking "spring loaded shortcuts." Restart Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this was mentioned before. You may try going into Preferences > Tools and unchecking "spring loaded shortcuts." Restart Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gene, hope that it, sounds like would be. Wow. So inconserate of engineers there. They would default that to happen flipping people out...  Best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You as well. We'll be by the punch bowl if you need us. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gene/ Others. Well the spring loaded thing did work, better now, BUT, if you can believe it, issue is still there. Not getting the weird sping loaded feel. but the tool is not swithcing quickly, notmally as it used to. The workaround seems to be in I click on a random tool or two with the MOUSE—— it then seems to refresh and get keyboard working to choose/ change tool. So still weird keyboard thing, not choosing Tools prompty, any idea? Very fruststrating. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if you tried this, but any luck resetting Photoshop Preferences?

reset prefs 2020.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just to save you waiting for a response if this doesn't work, look into Security & Privacy under MacOS Preferences and see if Photoshop is assigned to Accessability and Full Disk Access.

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 3.07.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 3.07.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gene, ok did that  full disk/ accessibliyt, hope works. I don't destroy the gen preference, unless someone knows fix issue.. As kind of catch all fix almost never works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you get somewhere. You should have Applecare with that new M1. so be sure to ask the Apple Store if they can look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gene just rebooted, so issue still there, but do think consistent quick workaround. Have to mouse click on any random tool and then keyboard can then control tools. Weird?  Think M1 issue? or... Something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, I'd be tossing darts at the problem, so it's best to post this in the bugs forum where you can get this looked at closer by the engineers over there:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/ct-p/ct-photoshop?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filt...

They should be able to better assist you. If this gets resolved, post results or a link to them here so that it helps the next person.

One last thought, Macs have a way to reset the hardware, you can look into that.

https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html

Look for the M1 section in this guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gene, posted, bug forum. Don't think need reset issue only with PS and specifically tools, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right. I'll stop here and let you bring that up in the bug forum. I'll put the darts away. 🙂

All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines