• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does Photoshop download in the background? (macOS)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I feel that my internet is slow, especially when I start my computer. When I look at the processes, I can see that a "Setup" process is taking all my bandwith.

When I take a closer look, I can see that behind this process, there is Adobe downloading gigabytes and gigabytes of data.

All my apps (I have only Photoshop) are up to date, Creative Cloud is up to date, Camera Raw is up to date, everything is up to date, the automatic updates are disabled and I have no data in the cloud. So what  [removed by moderator]  is Adobe downloading???

I mean this is not just few megabytes, this is several gigabytes! Sometimes Adobe is downloading like 5Gb in the background which is more than the size of Photoshop itself!!

This is super annoying, especially when you have a slow internet bandwith, and even more when Adobe starts to download in the background without asking you first, and even more when you don't have any idea of what it is actually downloading.

Capture d’écran 2022-04-23 à 02.50.41.jpg

Capture d’écran 2022-04-23 à 02.50.32.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@valentinz92587952 wrote:

Sometimes I feel that my internet is slow, especially when I start my computer. When I look at the processes, I can see that a "Setup" process is taking all my bandwith.

I've got nothing showing up in Activity Montior called Setup. What makes you think it has anything to do with Adobe or Photoshop? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This process appears only when it is active (and downloading data), when it's done it disappears. It has everything to do with Adobe because when I inspect this "Setup" process, it shows you the path to what app is using it and the parent process, and as you can see on my 2nd screenshot, this app is Adobe. (instructions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading what? Again, I have multiple Adobe apps and don't see it when any are running. What data are you 'downloading' via Photoshop? 

I do see your screen capture indicating this is Adobe but I also worry it might be spoofing by something else. Anyway, until I can setup Photoshop or otherwise, I can't see this nor the data being 'downloaded' and perhaps there's something you've setup with Photoshop to 'download' you need to disable. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading what?

Again, I have multiple Adobe apps and don't see it. What data are you 'downloading' via Photoshop? 

This is exactly the point of my topic my friend... I'm wondering what Adobe is downloading

I do see your screen capture indicating this is Adobe but I also worry it might be spoofing by something else. Anyway, until I can setup Photoshop or otherwise, I can't see this nor the data being 'downloaded' and perhaps there's something you've setup with Photoshop to 'download' you need to disable. 

My Mac never does that when Photoshop or any Adobe apps are installed. As soon as Adobe is installed, I have this "problem" (which is normal I guess, I'm just wondering what data Adobe is downloading). So it is related to adobe.

And as you can see here on stackexchange, that guy has the exact same thing. And you probably have the same too, you just never noticed it. I did noticed it cause I have a 8mbps connexion only, so as soon as a program is downloading in the background, I notice it because it takes all my bandwith and internet navigation becomes slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac never does that when Photoshop or any Adobe apps are installed.

Not installed*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe isn't downloading anything while Photoshop is running here my friend. No such process.

Reset your preferences and look again. Press and hold Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not all the time of course, only from time to time. And it's not necessarily Photoshop, it can be Creative Cloud, Creative Cloud Helper, Adobe CCX Process, Adobe Core Sync or any of all these Adobe things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless someone can duplicate what you see, or an Adobe engineer comments, we can't go much farther. Again, I can't replicate what you are reporting. If you can find what triggers this activity, let us know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines