• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What has happened to path blur?

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop 23.2.1 that I just installed path blur seems to have really been downgraded in functionality. I used to be able to set the blur at the start and end of a path separately which I did almost always. It now seems that all paths have to be set at the same speed values?? I no longer have the little circular speed setters at the end/beginning of the path instead I have to use the slider in the dialogue box. 

I want to be able to set low values at the start of a path and high at the end for a nice kind of progression. Why has this been ditched or am I missing something?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with Path Blur in Photoshop 23.2.1. We're here to help.

What version of macOS are you using? Since when are you seeing this issue? What exactly are you doing? Would you mind sharing a video of the workflow? Can you please check if you see the same issue in Photoshop 23.2.2? 

Do you have the graphics processor enabled?

We're here to help; we just need more info.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ranjisha,

Thaks for the reply. I'm on Big Sur 11.6. I saw this issue as I upgraded to the latest version of Photoshop. I'm not sure it was there in earlier 23 versions but on 23.1.1 and later its there.

I cannot access the end point speed cirles at the end of paths. Please see 2 videos inlcuded  - one in PS 2021 where I can access the circles and one in 2022 (23.1.1). I open the file in photoshop 2021 and all is fine then in 2022 and I cannot get the circles up. 2022 is also noticably more laggy.

Note that I often want a blur at one end and not at the other. To get this looking right I need to use two paths, one set to faster end point speeds and one with no end point speed at either end. (I would love to see a new iteration of path blur that had the ability to have zero blur speed at one end of a path and then move to faster speeds at the other without having to employ the workaround of two paths that I'm currintly using) . Any advice other than reverting to an older verison much apreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As i mentioned earlier, if you want to change end point speeds separately, you need to uncheck Centered Blur. Not sure why the circles aren't showing up though... looks like they've totaly changed the UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to say I have the same issue with 23.2.2. In addition all files open visually corrupted into big blocks until I zoom out and in again. Please see image attached. Not the end of the world but quite annoying.

Thanks again.

Jasper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just click the checkboxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Centred or not checkbox wise - makes no difference. That just chages the blur postition it seems. You can change end point speed separately centered too. Seems that in order to get NO blur in one place and then motion blur in another I need two paths, one with both endpoints at zero and one with a progression from 'zero' to whatever larger number. Just one path still makes the 'zero' point of the path blurred to a small extent. Its always been this way. Would be good to set one end to zero speed and the other to a larger number.

Another annoying oversight is spin blur - one can only spin blur inside the radius, no options to protect the centre and spin outside. This is why I have to use path blur with a concenrtic inner path set to zero.

I often use Nik collection analogue effects which has zoom and rotate blur which has it the 'right' way around in that it protects the cemtre while spinning the outside to emulate a bad lens. Its great but can only be used on a full pixel layer, it wont blur objects on tansparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set the endpoint speed to 0 on the left, and 686 on the right. This is 23.2.2 on Windows.

MikeGondek_0-1648068627804.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Do you have acces to those circles to change the end point speed or are you doing it from the panel on the right?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be on-canvas controls and those are now missing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello JasperGoodall,

I noticed in your PS 2021 video, the, “Edit Blur Shapes” checkbox is not checked in the Blur Tools Panel, while it is checked in the PS 2022 video. I installed PS 2021 and experienced the same behavior as PS 2022: If the Edit Blur Shapes box is checked, the circles do not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines