• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best way to drop out the entire background?

New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photos taken of fine-line pen and ink drawings. I would like to make the background completely transparent so they will print only the black lines. What is the best way to do that?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post one here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I would prefer a Blend-if/Color Overlay-approach that maintains the composite image, because doing touchup on a Layer Mask can prove problematic in the long run. 

But photos are at times a poor substitute for a proper scan and may need some additional adjustments to get an even brightness across the whole image – so, as @Peru Bob already asked for, please post a sample image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can either load a channel as a selection or copy the image into a layer mask and invert it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines