• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the difference of minor tools of CS6 and CC?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am taking a Photoshop test based on CC, but the exam computer program is random, which means that the computer for exam could be installed on version CS6. I'm curious of the minor differences between two versions to be fully prepared for such circumstances. please give me some advice! thnxs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Hello, I concur with my esteemed fellows, the list would be too long.

You could easily find the new major features/tools, with the provided links but the minor changes are countless, with the JDI "just do it" updates...

For instance, one can now reposition an anchor point as you draw paths using the spacebar, (since CC2014, I think) and it is not even mentioned in the help files...

Another example: at one point in time, (it might have been pre-CS6) the default stroke layer style was changed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Photoshop ecosystem forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you give me further explanation? I can't understand what ur mentioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted in the wrong forum, I just moved the thread to the correct forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I wasn't aware of that. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's keep perspective here. Photoshop CS6 is from 2012 and hasn't been updated since. Anything that has happened to the program in the last nine years will be different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing that happened between those 9 years is what I am looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no “the thing.” There were lots of things that happened. A very long list.

You can refer to the version history in the Wikipedia entry for Photoshop , which lists just some of the possibly hundreds of changes over the 9 years since CS6. Tools have changed so that they work differently, entire screens have changed, default settings have changed, features have been added and deleted.

You can also refer to What’s New in Photoshop, which has more detailed release notes that go back a few versions to 2018. But even that is a long list.

It sounds like a crazy exam, because the students cannot possibly study to be prepared for any version from CS6 to today, unless it only concentrates on a few core features that haven’t changed much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help! I'll check on the link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I concur with my esteemed fellows, the list would be too long.

You could easily find the new major features/tools, with the provided links but the minor changes are countless, with the JDI "just do it" updates...

For instance, one can now reposition an anchor point as you draw paths using the spacebar, (since CC2014, I think) and it is not even mentioned in the help files...

Another example: at one point in time, (it might have been pre-CS6) the default stroke layer style was changed from the red that was often used to check the edges of a layer during compositing, to the black color, more useful for everyday use, and I don't think it was even mentioned.

Preferences have been added, some removed, some were done with an additional plugin, others with a line of code you had to add in a given file in a given location...

The menus have been rescaled for a new minimum size of the Surface computers, a new UI has been implemented, then tweaked according to feedback...

Go to the ideas sub-forum, and filter the threads to implemented to have an idea of the scope of the changes, and it is only the tip of the iceberg...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for kind remarks! It was really helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines