• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the short cut for linking directly to a layer from clicking on the specific piece of art

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use to be able to click on an image on my layout and it would automatically go to that layer in the layer pull down.  Example:  If I have a Kitchen Design and the components are in many Groups in the layers and I only want to find the sink.  I use to be able to click on the sink and it would automatically go to that layer in the layer pull down.  It doe snot do that anymore and I have to search all the groups until I find my sink. Incredibly annoying.  I am on a Mac Photoshop 2021.  Nayone albel to direct me to the short cut?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Hi in move you have to check auto select and show transform controls to control anything....regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi in move you have to check auto select and show transform controls to control anything....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to clarify what Lambiloon said - with your selection tool active - check auto select in the options bar at the top of your sreen. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines