• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What kind of files uses Sky replacement in PS?

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, somebody knows what kind of files I can upload to Sky Replacement?

I tried with JPG and RAW files, but PS didn't recognizes them.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sky Replacement should work with most of the Photoshop supported image files, but there are some other limits, e.g. the opened file must be in the RGB mode, 8 or 16 bits. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot in RAW format and would like to do Sky Replacement as part of the normal photo edits I do, before exporting into JPG.  But Photoshop only seems to allow me to do sky replacement when I'm ediiting JPG photos?  When I edit RAW photos, it opens them in "Camera Raw", and the Sky Replacement function doesn't seem to be available in Camera Raw.

Am I missing something?  Or do I literally have to edit my Raws, export them as JPG photos, then re-import them into Photoshop again as JPGs, just to be able to do the sky replacement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"do I literally have to edit my Raws, export them as JPG photos, then re-import them into Photoshop..?"

Well, (in my simple terms) you cannot edit 'raw' files.

Raw files must be rendered into an RGB Photoshop document format (JPG, PSD, TIF) by passing them through ACR.

The 'document' that 'Opens' in Photoshop does not have to the 'Saved' and 'Re-opened' to be available to the Sky Replacement feature.

Raw > ACR > Photoshop > Edit (Sky replace).

Sky Replacement requires 'Layers' in Ps to work.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines