Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What layer is used?

Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just opened Photoshop and painted a simple picture. What layer it belongs to? All layers are turned off and you could see the picture. I've attached video with demonstration.

Thank you very much for your very nice application.

Regards

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're in Quick Mask mode with the Background layer selected (that's why it's red). If you go to the Channels panel (Window > Channels), you'll see Quick Mask below the other channels, and it will be highlighted.

Quick Mask lets you draw to make a selection. As it appears that you have created a drawing, I would assume you'd like to see your strokes on a layer. You can do the following:

1. Go to Select > Edit in Quick Mask mode to toggle it off
  2. Turn on visibility for the Background layer
  3. Unlock the Background layer
  4. Go to Layer > Layer Mask > Hide Selection

To change the color of the drawing on the Background layer do the following:

1. In the Layers panel, select the white thumbnail of the layer (not the layer mask)
  2. Go to Edit > Fill and set Contents to the Foreground color or the Background color (if either is the color you want) or set Contents to Color... to open the Color Picker and select the color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines