• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What to do when the Select and Mask feature isn't working?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to use the ‘Select and Mask’ feature on my system, the application stops and closes altogether. The other tools are working well – at least, the ones I’ve used. My problem right now is with the ‘Select and Mask’ tool. Please, what do I do?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps described here: 

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com) 

Please backup your settings before resetting the preferences. You can check: 

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com) 

If this doesn't help please give us more informations about your system.

Which version of Windows do you use?

Which version of Photoshop do you have installed.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Olamiposi279588881k6i, as @AxelMatt said, let's see if you have some corrupt preferences causing this.

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address. Instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines