• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When Creating a 3d Postcard the Image Darkens

New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this image explains what I mean. I'm working on a photography project and I want to try out 3D. When I make my image a postcard the image darkens signifcantly. I've tried messing around with setting but honestly I have no clue what alot of the 3D settings due. Please let me know if i'm just straight doing something wrong. I just updated my graphics card driver and the same issue happened across my mac my desktop and across multple photos. Thank you 
Broken.jpg

 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for spelling. *Do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Samuel Kermit you haven't mentioned what version of Photoshop you're using but 3D features are been discontinued, more info

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

If you have the latest version of Photoshop and want to continue using the 3D features you can download version 22.2 from the Creative Cloud app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you for the advice. I'm still having the same issue of the image darkening. I'm able to brighten it up but with a signficant loss in quality. Is there anything else I could try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you for the tip. The older verison works alot better and is easier to use thank you. I was using the most recent verison 2.43 I think. I'm still having the darkening issue. I can brighten up the scene but I loose the adjustments I have. Also the brightened up image is signifcantly more red and yellow then the original image. Do you have any more advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @Samuel Kermit please be aware Adobe stopped developing/supporting 3D features in Photoshop starting with version 22.x

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The advice is to do exactly what was mentioned... install v22.2 if you want to use 3D features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you switch to 3D, how the 3D scene looks now depends on what is lighting the 3D scene. You want to add at least one light of some type to shade the 3D scene the way you want it. How light or dark any of the 3D objects is depends on both the distance/intensity of the lights, and the angle of the current camera, and of course some types of light might cause light falloff (less light toward one or more edges).

This principle is the same in any 3D application you will use from any company.

And of course some of these things might no longer work correctly because the current, old 3D feature set does not work properly with some current graphics hardware, so it is being discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines