• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I editi a mask with a pen tool, the outer area is filled in instead of the area that I selected

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've stumbled upon a problem while trying to edit a mask with a pen tool in photoshop. When I select the area I need and click 'fill path', I see that the whole mask is filled with selected color except the area that I chose. So it basically does the opposite thing. I've started experiencing this problem a couple weeks ago and thought it had something to do with one of the updates, but I've recently installed 22.4.3 version and everything works the same. I am currently working with 23.2.1 version on MacOS.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Please post meaningful screenshots – that often includes the Toolbar and the Options Bar. (In this case naturally also the Paths Panel.) edited

What is the Path’s Shape Operation? 

Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 13.34.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post meaningful screenshots – that often includes the Toolbar and the Options Bar. (In this case naturally also the Paths Panel.) edited

What is the Path’s Shape Operation? 

Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 13.34.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I just saw a similar question and realised that it was set on substract operation. Now everything works fine. Thanks again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines