• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I have multiple windows open and I close one, photoshop opens the last one.

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have multiple windows open and I close one, photoshop opens the last one. But I want it to just open the next one.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you have multiple open documents Photoshop and you close a document that document's  window or Tab should be removed frie Photoshop that is all that should be done. All other open document states should not change but one should become Photoshop Active document.  Its window or tab name should be highlighted as Photoshop active document. Photoshop should not open any new next  document window. If the Close was done by an Automated Photoshop Batch process or a batching script it is likely the batching process will open the next file in the batch file list.  When Photoshop open a new document it become the active Photoshop document. At Tab Or Windows will be opened fot the mew open document.  If the last close in a batch  was for the last document in the batch file list the batch process will end and Photoshop will switch the active document to one of the open document opened previous to starting the batch process or there there will  no open documents if the batch process also process open documents in Photoshop or the were no open document when you started the batch.   

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines