• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When i 'Save for web' it only lets me do it at 75.85%

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a 10800x1350 canvas and split it into 10 as i am doing an insta swipeable post. 

When i go to export through 'save for web' i select jpg but it only lets me save at 75.85%. when i change it to 100% it shows a message saying "a value between 0.01 and 75.85 is required. closest value inserted"

i cant get it exported to the size i need.

I have latest photoshop downloaded on MacOS BigSur

cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Save for Web has a 8192px to a side limit.

Use Export As for images that are larger than 8192px on a side.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a built-in size limit in both Save For Web and Export. An 11 000 pixel file is normally unheard of on the web and I don't really understand how that could work. The load times would be measured in minutes - internet bandwidth is nowhere near up to this.

EDIT - missed the "split into 10" bit. You need to do that before exporting. Should be straightforward enough in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, yeah i slice using the guidelines... then export but it only lets me go to 75.85%... when i exported anyway, the final 10 individual images came out at 819x1024 instead of the desired 1080x1350

frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a canvas 10800x1350 where does the 819x1024 and 1080x1350 come from?

Ite sound like you what tp brake your 10800x1350 canvas image intp 10 layers with images 1080x1350 then align all to the left trim to 1080x1350 and export an animated gif with framse 1080x1350.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you first tried to export all of it, the size limit probably sticks as %. Reset to 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Was a resolution ever found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save for Web has a 8192px to a side limit.

Use Export As for images that are larger than 8192px on a side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may fix the issue with the limitation of 75.85%, but the "Export as"-function doesn't let you export the idividual slices the same way, does it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bumping this! would be dope to be able to export slices using the "export as" feature. Otherwise the slices tool is totally obsolete!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue using slices in PS or Ai. So what if your comp/artboard is bigger than 8192 if you're slicing it up anyway? Doesn't make sense! I have an artboard that is 1680x9960 and I'm trying to slice the tall scrollable page design into shorter files ex. 1680x2000, 1680x1000, etc. and beacuse of that silly size limit it's forcing my 1680 width to be smaller at 1382. And Exporting as image isn't a solution with a continuous background design. SLICES needs a serious overhaul - it's soo wonky. Other programs like Figma does this way better framaes/slices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree. Is there still no solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Completely agree. Is there still no solution to this?

By @ryansprague

Save for Web is legacy code, I doubt that Adobe will make the required changes to support larger canvas sizes when they are porting over the features to the newer Export As command. That being said, Export As is a work in progress and doesn't support slices or many other features of Save for Web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what if your comp/artboard is bigger than 8192 if you're slicing it up anyway?

By @kevinanderson

You will need to use a script to create layers from slices and export the layers, or a different script to export the slices to files to work around the legacy limitations of the old Save for Web code (originally written for the even older Adobe ImageReady product).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines