Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When opening an image, it gets a red tint

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you doing?

As you can see in the following comparison, the left one being the original, and the right one being the one I opened on photoshop, when doing so it gets a red tint. How can I fix this?

Thank you

Sin título.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

To ensure images look the best in most situations and on most devices, I would recommend making sure they are in sRGB. When exporting images out of Photoshop, using Export As for example, try activating the following options...

• Convert to sRGB
  • Embed Color Profile

You'll find them at the bottom of the panel on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

All depends on the original color space, ideally sRGB for the web, and how you exported/saved to JPEG or otherwise with an embedded profile. What was the color space of the original PNG?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You opened the (less red) image where (if not Photoshop)? Is that application color managed? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened it in the windows photo viewer, and on whatsapp too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened it in the windows photo viewer, and on whatsapp too

Depending on the version, Windows Photo Viewer isn't color managed. Doubt whatsapp is; that's your problem. 

Photoshop is previewing the data correctly, it is color managed. The others don't because they are not. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog 

Ok, I just tried something. The original file is a PNG. When I open and export the image with photoshop as a PNG, it keeps the red tint. But when I export it as JPG it looks like it did originally. ¿Is that the way that is should work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To ensure images look the best in most situations and on most devices, I would recommend making sure they are in sRGB. When exporting images out of Photoshop, using Export As for example, try activating the following options...

• Convert to sRGB
  • Embed Color Profile

You'll find them at the bottom of the panel on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, i think that was the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear this worked. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All depends on the original color space, ideally sRGB for the web, and how you exported/saved to JPEG or otherwise with an embedded profile. What was the color space of the original PNG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, i think the color profile was the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines