• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will Adobe finally be able to fully support HEIF/HEIC image format?

Enthusiast ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am waiting for years as do many others.

how difficult can it be for a multi-billion dollar company to support an image format?

PS: no i don´t want to convert HEIF to JPG. i want my images in the HEIF format.

yes there is already a feature request in the PS feedback forum. one for nearly a decade now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is a user forum. Adobe will announce this when and if it happens, and anyone with inside knowledge would be under NDA and would not be allowed to comment. The feedback forum is read by the product managers and engineers.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the feedback forum is mostly ignored... at least that is my experience.

as tanja wrote, this was requested since 2013 again and again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

I'm on MAC OS12.6.1 and need the ability to import and save edited files in PS as HEIFs. That doesn't work in the lates PS version even on the MAC ( the save part) contrair to this advice:Save/export a file in HEIF format through Photoshop - Adobe Inc. Means users can only save those files in 8-bit versions (TIFF, JPED......) as I understand except they import their files in 32bit format, only then we can export as 16bit TIFFs, with Gbyte file sizes.. I hope  ADOBE's marketing goes soon for the new basics everyone needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it isn't simply evil disposition on Adobe's part, it's at least unacceptable laziness (given that we're paying their salaries every month)... very disappointing indeed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it is a FILE FORMAT for gods sake. people should stop finding stupid excuse for a multi billion dollar company. and no.... it is still not fully supported in photoshop....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines