• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will PS for iPad be released?!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the iPad Pro the day it was released because they said Photoshop would be available the first part of 2019. It is now past the first quarter of 2019 and Adobe hasn’t even made an update announcement to its consumers! The ONLY reason why I spent $3000 on an iPad is for Photoshop! I use photoshop at work and needed this to happen.

I am so disappointed in Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

It's available now (4 November 2019)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 100 Replies 100
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe and others will be watching intently to see what the income potential is for serious software on the iMac... I'd say the biggest thing holding back iOS software has been the depressingly low software prices that are the norm. There are surprisingly few people clamoring for Android, but a vocal contingent who claim Adobe's future success depends on a Linux port... should be interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I do know is that I’ve been bugging the hell out of Adobe to port Photoshop to the iPad ever side Clip Studio had a perfect port of their app for the iPad

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You spent $3,000 on an iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Photoshop for iPad begins beta testing ahead of public release article on 9to5 Mac. Looks like we might see this in November.

Update: It appears that Adobe had already distributed beta versions of Photoshop for iPad many months ago. It now seems to be distributing to a wider testing group, probably driven from the May invitations to apply.

Note - the processor on the iPad Pro is better than most PCs these days - if you optimize software for it. From the Article:

Apple promoted Adobe’s Photoshop for iPad effort as part of the 2018 iPad Pro launch last year, demonstrating the iPad easily handling a massive Photoshop canvas with hundreds of layers. However, whilst the plan is to be feature-complete with desktop Photoshop, the company has said it will debut with a subset of the app’s monolithic feature set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one even spend $3000 on an iPad? They don't cost that much. Also, buying it for an app that doesn't exist yet is also silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be obvious by now that Photoshop for iPad Pro will be released shortly after iPadOS is released. iPadOS is to be released today, 24 September, 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only obvious thing is that Adobe does what Adobe wants to do, whether their customers care or not. Let's face it, the only reason they're scrambling to get something out there now is because there's finally stiff competition out there in the photo field. We'll see what happens when (if?) they release PSD for iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto!  I’m so upset because that is the same reason I purchased it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same. I disappointed with Apple for falsely marketing there iPad by useing a false statmente. They maketed it as though the current Adobe Photoshop would run on the new iPad Pro. Until you read the fine print. If I could, I would ask for my money back. I feel as if Apple scammed me!

I won't be buying apples products for a long long time.

very disappointed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you won't ever buy another Apple product because a totally separate company hasn't made your dreams come true? Shortsighted! The new iPad Pro is an amazing machine, and if you look around, there are hundreds of great apps out there for it. I would imagine someday within our lifetimes the Almighty Adobe will deem it important to offer something usable (their current iOS selections are laughable at best). So if your only use for the iPad Pro is to use Adobe products, seems you have blinders on and are missing a whole universe of amazing apps, quite a few of which do a lot of what Photoshop does, and have been doing it for quite awhile. Personally, I'd love to see Adobe get knocked down a peg or two so they treat their customer base with more care. Apple does by us just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doynx060: They maketed it as though the current Adobe Photoshop would run on the new iPad Pro.

Apple did no such thing. Did you watch the Apple Keynote from 2018 at which Adobe demo'ed PS on iPad Pro? Adobe said "2019." Later, in Adobe's own video presentation they again said 2019 and they refused to be pinned down on the exact date. 2019 didn't end on January 1; it runs through midnight on December 31. Stop acting like a whiny kid, be patient, and you'll get your Photoshop on iPad Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here we are in October 2019 and do we have photoshop for iPad yet? With the launch of  iPadOS13.1 you would have thought that photoshop for iPad would be coming out soon. I also bought my iPad 2018 12.9 for use with Aero which only finally became available on Beta last month after a six month wait. So I guess there is some hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“do we have photoshop for iPad yet?”

No, Photoshop for iPad has not yet been released.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I am pretty much using my iPad as a really nice coloring book, and I use lightroom on it, which is pretty nice actually.  While my iPad Pro 12.9" is fun to play with and the new features with iPadOS 13 are interesting.  I only bought the iPad because I heard Photoshop CC would be available for it.  Had I known it would take this long, I would have held off getting it for a while.  Though, since I only use  my cools ass camera (Nikon Z6) the lightroom and photoshop as a hobby and as a distraction from my work that I make a living at, I'm not really that upset that it is taking so long, though that announcement was a big factor in me forking over the cash to buy when I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe MAX is scheduled for end of this month. Historically big announcements come during their keynotes. Not a guarantee by any means but thats where I would be looking for more detailed release information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat. The only reason I bought an iPad Pro is because of the presentation they made at the Apple keynote last year. However, they released some beta testing, they got in contact with me directly for a date and time for me to test but never got back in touch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they will release it shortly after the Adobe Max event on November 4–6, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10 months into 2019 if it isn't released by December I'm selling my iPad Pro and getting a surface. Waste of a year and with new iPad pros released there really was no reason to buy the pro last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there really wasn't a reason to buy it a year ago, based on Adobe's intention to release it some time in the 15 months following...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10 months into 2019 if it isn't released by December I'm selling my iPad Pro and getting a surface.

No skin off my teeth. If you had watched the videos on the subject, Adobe repeatedly said that PS for iPad Pro will be released by midnight, December 31, 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the iPad Pro the day it was released because they said Photoshop would be available the first part of 2019.

Nobody said that. Adobe have said repeatedly that it will be released by midnight, 31 December, 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The iPad Pro released in 2015 thats a long wait for an app that wasn't even announced then....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's available now (4 November 2019)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is it also available in Germany?

Thanks for the help!

Timo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find whether it is available in your country, check the App Store. There is no other place to get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines