• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are my Photoshop menus? Adobe CC 2022

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about at my LIMIT with Adobe. I used photoshop 2 days ago and today, I sat down to edit a photo, and all my menus and toolbars are missing for [removed by moderator] even knows why. I'm sure a deepr search will yeild a result, but at this point, I am so frustrated with how buggy the programs are, I need to post just for catharsis.

I get so sick of all these little inconeniences. I just want to sit down and USE the software I pay for without being bombarded with bugs and new UI/UX. It's an ongoing problem.

Your programs are not worth $50/mo or even the reduced price that you are offered when you go to cancel. If there was ANYTHING comperable, I would switch immediately.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

You should give the people a chance to see what happens on your screen. So, when complaining about “bugs”, please tell us your OS and version, your Photoshop version and share a screenshot with us. That would enable us, to help you the fastest possible way.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PaulBeveridge wrote:

...all my menus and toolbars are missing..

I can think of a couple of reasons with their solutions:

• You pressed Tab, which hides the panels. Tab will bring them back.
  • You press F for full screen mode. Press F again or press Escape.
  • You are looking at Photoshop, but have another application active. One of the features in macOS is a shared menu bar. Click anywhere within the Photoshop app to activate it.
  • You have a floating window and it's sitting on top top of the panels. Go to Window menu > Arrange > Consolidate.
  • Try quitting Photoshop and relaunching. Or rebooting.
  • If nothing else works, Go to Photoshop menu > Preferences > Delete Preferences on Quit (after backing up customization.)

It could be any of these or something else. Give us the screenshot Abambo asked for. You can use the Screenshot app that comes with macOS.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same problem.  I did try the solutionis suggested - to no avail. It is problematic when these updates happen.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@elizabethh30480441 wrote:

I did try the solutionis suggested  

Can you try this part of the solutions?

"It could be any of these or something else. Give us the screenshot Abambo asked for. You can use the Screenshot app that comes with macOS."

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, here is the screenshot.  thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Window/Workspace and reset Essentials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - but I do not see the "essentials" tab.  I did restart my whole computer and reset all settings in photoshop. and that seems to have fixed the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the speedy response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future reference the Window menu is at the top of screen and Workspace is a submenu contained inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooh!! I get it!! Thank you so very much!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I had not understood that the option bar was what the user wanted with "toolbars and menus"

In this case, going to Window>Options is the easier fix.

To learn the proper terms, please take a look on this excellent third party resource: https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/getting-know-photoshop-interface/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what happens when you click on the green dot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That just expands the existing window. It will not bring back the options panel. Resetting the workspace will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines