• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I get basic vector shapes for paths in photoshop?

Advocate ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making a simple square or rectangle needs guides and still takes time to get it right. Making a rectangle with rounded cornere, getting all of the corners the same is even more time-consuming. Circles, a perfecct circle is mystery to draw perfectly with the pen tool. Is there a resource for simple basic vector shapes for Photoshop paths or, would apply equally in usefulness to Adobe Illustrator. Does such a resource exist for Adobe customers?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Why don't you use the standard tools? Or have I misunderstood your question?

Here in Shape mode:

Formwerkzeuge.png

And here in Path mode:

Formwerkzeuge_Pfad.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

@Ken Nielsen 

In addition to what @pixxxelschubser said:

• Hold down the Shift key to constrain to a square or circle instead of a rectangle or oval
  • Use the Properties panel to make adjustments, including the roundness of the corners

"Is there a resource for simple basic vector shapes for Photoshop paths or, would apply equally in usefulness to Adobe Illustrator."

This also applies to Illustrator for drawing those shapes. You can use the Transform panel (Window menu) for making adjustments

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you use the standard tools? Or have I misunderstood your question?

Here in Shape mode:

Formwerkzeuge.png

And here in Path mode:

Formwerkzeuge_Pfad.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ken Nielsen 

In addition to what @pixxxelschubser said:

• Hold down the Shift key to constrain to a square or circle instead of a rectangle or oval
  • Use the Properties panel to make adjustments, including the roundness of the corners

"Is there a resource for simple basic vector shapes for Photoshop paths or, would apply equally in usefulness to Adobe Illustrator."

This also applies to Illustrator for drawing those shapes. You can use the Transform panel (Window menu) for making adjustments, as well as multiple other methods.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marvelous and how could I have missed that all of these years. Wow, I'm excited to get to work with these. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of these answers are correct and very helpful. I didn't resize there were helps like this in Photoshop. What a great thing. I'll get to work using these now and thank you so very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ken Nielsen wrote:

All of these answers are correct and very helpful.

You're welcome, Ken, we are happy to help! Multiple answers can be marked Correct, so I'll go ahead an mark the one from Pixxel based on what you said here.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines