• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I get help?

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, okay, it will happen to all of us at some point, getting old. I'm an older guy who has difficulties with Ps and computers but is greatly enjoying photography in retirement. I would like to find someone in the Temecula Ca. area who would teach me one on one how to use layers, masks and Lumenzia in Photoshop. I think just one session would do it, possibly two (I've learned a little). I would walk away with a big smile and the instructor would be a little richer. Does anyone know of someone like this? Thank you greatly in advance, Chris 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't recommend anyone locally, but I have learned most of my Lightroom and Photoshop skills from Ben Willmore's courses on Creative Live. I had the privilege of attending some of those courses in person in the Creative Live studios in San Francisco. The nice thing about taking an online course is that you can stop the recording as often as you need to and proceed at your own pace. They also offer a lot of free content. 
https://www.creativelive.com/

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I’ll look into it.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Chris229107854s0q ,

I am not from that are but I'll still share with you the mode by which I learn many of my Photoshop skills. You may go to this LinkedIn Learning link entitled, Photoshop 2022 Essentials by Julieanne Kost.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jacquelin. I will take a look.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julieanne Kost is very good and knows how to explain things clearly! She is with Adobe and knows Adobe software very well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome @Chris229107854s0q 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote from me for any instructional content produced by Juliane Kost. She knows the products inside and out and is an excellent trainer.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris229107854s0q 

+ 1 for Julieanne Kost on LinkedIn Learning

In addition: if you get stuck, ask here in a new post so we can assist. Include the video title. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not at all from your region, or even from your continent. But there are certainly photo clubs in your area, or try here. I did my basics there with PS and LR https://en.nikon.ca/learn-and-explore/index.page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, wherever you are. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out PHLEARN's 30 Days of Photoshop on YouTube.

This is day 3, Layers & Masks.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have here a local photography club. And we have schools organizing courses for adults. And you have all those on-line learning tools, like linked-in learning or others, offering on-line courses. Most have teasers and partial courses on YouTube.

And Adobe has a lot of their learning stuff on their site. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/tutorials.html

I'm moving this to the Photoshop forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love that you want to continue learning!  Photoshop is so much fun and the more you learn the cooler things you can do... Nex thing you know you are falling down the Rabbit Hole with Alice into Wonderland as so many possibilities open up!

Check out the Adobe For Education channel on YouTube. They showcase easy things and some more advanced things. I do some live demos there from time to time.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdobeforEducation

Also I stream weekly on Behance!!!!
https://www.behance.net/kennshinabery/livestreams

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesing, thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I've used Photoshop since the early 90's, I continue to learn new things from these excellent resources on YouTube.  Check out Jesus Ramirez's tutorials on Photoshop Training Channel and Unmesh Dinda on PiXimperfect.  Add these to your browser's Favorites/Bookmarks folder.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Photoshoptrainingchannel

https://www.youtube.com/c/piximperfect

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines