• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did my patterns go?

Engaged ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made some patterns yesterday. When I tried to use them today, they were gone. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott

Open the new Pattern panel.  It has to be this one because it has the search tool.

If your search window is not showing, click on the four bars top right, and turnit on.

Type any of your new pattern names into the search window and it will show.

If you did not specify a group when you defined it, the pattern will at the bottom.  If it is in a group, you will see the path to the containing group when the search tool finds it.

If search does not find it, then it probably doesn't exist, but I suspect you'll find it OK with search.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make some of my own patterns too. Sometimes if Photoshop crashes, they're lost (or I couldn't find them anyway). So now I save them to my computer. Same goes for my brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @scotwllm you recently had a similar experience with actions when opening another version of Photoshop than the one you created them to, could it be the same issue? https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/where-did-my-action-go/m-p/13391739#M...

Even if my peers already stressed the issue, Murphy's law will also make me say that if you create assets that you intend to reuse, it is best practice to save them on disk. You can also save some in your CC library, they would be available on other machines, and other installed versions! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines