• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did the Older versions of Photoshop go?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to re-install windows 10 on my old Intel Core2 quad 2.83 GHz computer.

In the past I've logged into Creative cloud, hit the (...) three dots section and got a drop down menu to choose older versions.

The oldest version on the drop down menu always ran well, while newer versions were not compatible.

I log in and hit the three dots, and there are no choices of any versions any more.

What happened?

My subscription is now useless.

any insight much appreaciated!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On mine, I can at least go back to PS version 21.2.12. Perhaps try logging OUT of the creative cloud app, then log back in?

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for both of your replies!

I did update Creative cloud and log out and back in, still no old versions!

Jeffrey: your suggestion is the procedure that I tried, and has worked in the past.

Now the Photoshop Download section says "Not Compatible" (with no download options after hitting the 3 dots)  and when you ask for details, it says I need to upadate to SSE4.2.

It looks like Adobe has flushed some of the older compatible versions of Photoshop that worked with my CPU.

SSE4.2 is an instruction set for the processor.

Only a few weeks ago Photoshop was running on this machin well!

Again, any insight appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only see one version back.  Is there a place to download version 21 or even 20?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! I was running version 20, not sure which iteration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeffrey, perhaps you can advise where to find old Version 20 downloads. 

Or another solution that doesn't involve buying a new computer 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop posting the same link.. multiple users are asking how to get versions that were available and magically disappeared. I want 22.2 because your Q&A says to use 22.2 if I want to keep 3D but I can't. As customers we deserve a real response, not a copy / paste answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop direct downloads for Photoshop 2019 and prior are still on line at  ProDesignTools after that 2020, 2021 and 2022 you can only get from Adobe by request.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html   

Adobe seem to want to renove older version on you watch out when you install updates.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware that if you download older versions that adobe doesn't offer in the Creative Cloud Desktop Application from an outside source like ProDesignTools, you only get the base version with no updates and won't be able to update thru the Creative Cloud Desktop Application leaving you with a version with many potential workflow bugs and security issues that were fixed with updates.

As an example, if you need photoshop 2020 because you computer doesn't meet the SSE4.2 requirement, you get ps ver 21.0, the base version that was first released before any updates.The latest update for photoshop 2020 (ps ver 21.0) is 21.2.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it passing strange that Adobe customers have to rely on ouside content producers to download an Adobe product!!

It's also a bit arrogant for Adobe to decide what's best for its customers.

As a paying customer let me decide if I want or need the security and features of later versions.

I liked version 20, had everything I needed and it worked on my computer - and it's no longer available from the Adobe site.

Why not make it availabe with the caveat mentioned above.

DXO still has 10 year old versions of its software available to its customers!

Microsoft still has every update to Windows 7 ever written available in their update catalog.

Please reconsider this policy, given we are all renting your software, and not able to buy it outright.

If I owned my version , this would not be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines