• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Photoshop version works best on Macbook?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am a newbie and wish to purchase an Adobe Photoshop to redesign the images and works for my blog <link removed> I have a genuine question and wish to find a satisfactory answer.

I use a Macbook Pro and have confusion regarding the Adobe Photoshop version should I purchase. Do I need to invest in Adobe Lightroom CC softwares too? Please guide me on this.

Regards,

Arnav

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

With the subscription plan, for a monthly modest payment, you get the latest version of both Photoshop and Lightroom. You can  get a seven day free trial to try them out.

You will also need to learn how to use these applications. There are some excellent books and also online video tutorials such as those from Pluralsite.com and Lynda.com (you can get a 30-day free trial on both of these). In addition you can ask specific questions on this friendly forumm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the subscription plan, for a monthly modest payment, you get the latest version of both Photoshop and Lightroom. You can  get a seven day free trial to try them out.

You will also need to learn how to use these applications. There are some excellent books and also online video tutorials such as those from Pluralsite.com and Lynda.com (you can get a 30-day free trial on both of these). In addition you can ask specific questions on this friendly forumm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst you may not need Lightroom at present, the Photography plan will give you Photoshop CC and Lightroom for less than the price of Photoshop as a standalone app.

Both should work on your MacBook but the plan also gives you the ability to load older CC versions and run them on the same machine. Actually the license allows you to install on two machines but you can only use one at a time.

Prices vary slightly by country so look up your local Adobe site for the price in your local currency.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple have been making computers called MacBook since 2006. There have been dozens of different models of MacBook, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. Some are too old and some are too weak to run Photoshop.

So to give you accurate advice please tell us

1. The model of MacBook.

2. The version of Mac OS.

3. The amount of RAM.

4. The amount of hard disk space.

This is basic information but if you need help with any of it please let us know. And please don't link to your blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a Mac Book Air 

The version of Mac OS is 10.13.6

I have 8 gigs of ram

I have 100 gigs of hard drive space

which version of photoshop am i looking for to work on this notebook. 

thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest it depends on your computer.  But the newest version of Photoshop is probably the best route to go.

Lightroom is ok if it comes with the plan you choose.  But it sounds like having Photoshop and Illustrator might be more suitable for what you are doing.  As eventually you might want to create scalable graphics for your blog at some point.

So to me there is no reason to get Lightroom.  Unless you are working more in photography. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older macs with older OS like Yosemite or El Capitan aren't able to take advantage of the performance improvements with the most recent releases of CC apps. May seem obvious but to get the benefit of performance enhancements you should be on a newer 64-bit mac with running the most up to date OS and a minimum of 8GB. Boatloads of free space on your hard drive never hurts either.

Regarding software... great value with the Photography plan... you can create vector graphics in PS and if you manage a large number of photographs Lr offers management efficiencies with a moderate level of learning time. Lots of free Adobe learning resources to get you going. Why not download the 7-day free trial and try a real life working scenario.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines