White background for blue colored pencil

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do my industrial design sketching in blue colored pencil and am building a sketchbook page in my portfolio. I want these sketches to have a perfect white background but I'm finding any solutions. Does anyone know a method?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a sample picture?

There are a lot of ways, most likely even something a way you can automate.

In this case showing a sample picture will give you a more accurate answer from the community.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In any case, it is most likely you will find your answer in this menu:

jefbr_0-1655364660304.png

My gut feeling tells me you're going to want to use Auto Tone first, then a Levels with appropriate settings, and then perhaps a Posterize to finish with.

This is likely to be recordable in an Action (do you know what that is?) and then you can just repeat it every time you wish to upload a sketch. 

Blue dykem. ❤️

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot of your workspace and image would be helpful.   Are you saying that the background does not appear to be perfectly white on your monitor?  If that is the case, then use the Colour Sampler tool to measure the actual colour.  The numbers never lie, and could indicate that the background is already fully white, but not appearing so on your screen.

In the example below, sample points #2 and #8 are slightly off white, but the rest are all fully white.

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solves related problems if the other tips don't work, but probably requires tweaking...

[PiX] Easily UNCRUMPLE Scanned Documents in Photoshop! - YouTube

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or use background removal techniques to strip the entire background -- denoted by a checkerboard pattern.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/remove-background.html

Video ~ Jesus Ramirez, Photoshop Training Channel, YouTube

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines