• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White background isn't printing white

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am having an issue getting my photoshop colors to match when I am printing. The white background is printing more as a gray color instead of a photo paper white. The green is also slightly darker if someone could help me in editing this that would be great I have the colors picked out with color chips just cant get the printed copy to match.

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always test output using good color reference images designed for that task. The color reference images RGB values are such that they are set for output and are editing and display agnostic. Test the output this way and examine for the same color issues so we know it's not your image-specific issues causing the problems:

http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip

This and other such documents can also be downloaded at http://www.digitaldog.net/ 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A possible clue is that the background is already showing up gray in the Print preview that you posted. If you open the Info panel and then hover the pointer over the background, what is the color value reading?

Also, what is the green color value you are specifying? It looks fluorescent…it might not be reproducible using CMYK ink or toner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ty283675097vi2 IF the "white" is actually RGB 100,100,100 then it SHOULD print white, but colour management is involved too. You need an accurate printer/paper profile and select it in Photoshop when printing. 

Also if you'd like to see accurate colour onscreen you need to calibrate the profile the screen.

Please feel free to test with my testimage

please download the Adobe RGB testimage: https://www.colourmanagement.net/index.php/downloads_listing/

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines