• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White is not 'White', it is YELLOW!

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with the white color in Photoshop CS6, and I know it's not my computer or monitor. Anything white colored or anything for that matter, has a yellow tint to it. What should be white, is yellow. I even tried pasting a image of white on to the canvas, but that also turned yellow. I don't think it's my color settings. I also have Photoshop CS5, but that's fine. White is white. I pasted a screen shot of my computer onto both programs. CS5 is fine, but CS6 is still yellow. I cross referenced my color settings with CS5, making sure they're the same. One thing was different from CS5. The CYMK working space is "U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2". I tried switching it to Photoshop 5 Default CMYK if that could change it to the CS5 default, but nothing changed. Even the color pickers have yellow instead of white. Gradients and Black to Yellow. It's not my computer or monitor. I want to use CS6 for my photo editing needs, but I'll need to use CS5 to do anything that needs normal color. Please help, I want to use CS6, CS6 is so cool, but I don't want yellow, I want white.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Guru , Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Your monitor profile is probably bad. You should recalibrate and make a new one. Preferably with hardware calibration device.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

That you haven't calibrated your display and that it appears to be a "standard gamut" monitor means you're probably okay with having your system work at Windows default settings.

• Click Start, type color in the search box, then click Color Management when it comes up.

• In the Devices tab, ensure that your monitor is selected in the Device field.

• Check the [  ] Use my settings for this device box if it is not already checked.

• If the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile is not showing in the Profiles associated wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

The interesting thing about this thread is that the very first reply is the correct one, and is even marked as correct by the OP. But they still keep coming in, and nobody seems to make the connection.

Yes, Naktaube, you have a bad display profile, coming either from the Dell "installation" CD or through Windows Update. Either way, the problem is the Dell profile.

You're on the right track with "ignore profile". What it does is throw out the Dell profile and replace it with sRGB. You can also do t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

https://forums.adobe.com/people/waheed+deepro  wrote

From your photoshop VIEW menu, go to "Proof Setup" and just change it to "Monitor RGB". DONE

That temporarily disables color management and bypasses the corrupt profile.

But it's still corrupt. It doesn't solve the problem. The right way to solve this is to replace the broken profile with a good one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The soloution above worked extremely well. this is the quiestest I've ever been able to fix this proble. thanks much @Noel_Carboni1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least once a week on this forum we read about this, or very similar issues.

Unfortunately, with Microsoft hardware: Windows updates, Graphics Card updates and Display manufacturers have a frustratingly growing reputation for installing useless (corrupted) monitor display profiles.

I CAN happen with Macs but with far less likelyhood, it seems.

The issue can affect different applications in different ways, some not at all, some very badly.

The poor monitor display profile issue is hidden by some applications, specifically those that do not use colour management, such as Microsoft Windows "Photos".

Photoshop is correct, it’s the industry standard for viewing images, in my experience it's revealing an issue with the Monitor Display profile rather that causing it. Whatever you do, don't ignore it. As the issue isn’t caused by Photoshop, don’t change your Photoshop ‘color settings’ to try fix it. 

To find out if this is the issue, I recommend you to try setting the monitor profile for your own monitor display under “Device” in your Windows ‘color management’ control panel to sRGB. You can ADD sRGB if its not already listed. 

And be sure to check “Use my settings for this device”.

(OR, if you have a wide gamut monitor display (check the spec online) it’s better to try Adobe RGB instead).

Quit and relaunch Photoshop after the control panel change, to ensure the new settings are applied.

If this change fixes the issue, it is recommended that you should now calibrate and profile the monitor properly using a calibration sensor like i1display pro, which will create and install it's own custom monitor profile.

Depending on the characteristics of your monitor display and your requirements, using sRGB or Adobe RGB here may be good enough - but custom calibration is a superior approach.

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color me shocked and astonished.  This actually worked straight away! 
(How rare for internet forum advice.)

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. This solution worked for me but I did need to restart my computer for the change to work. Thank you Noel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Noel, worked like a charm! Big Ups to you for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create txtfile
called stupid adobe.txt
paste the below in there
taskkill /f /im adobe*
ren  "%appdata%\Adobe" "adobe.old"
taskkill /f /im adobe*
ren "%localappdata%\Adobe" adobe.old
taskkill /f /im adobe*
ren "%APPDATA%\..\LocalLow\Adobe" "adobe.old"
@echo tiz fixed your firendly nabourhood wilko

save file as stupid adobe.txt to your desktop.

change .txt to .bat and run as administrator

warning this will nuke current users adobe settings and any stored on a server roaming file

recomend running as admin while logged into user account

// disclamer I take no responsibility for this as its only tested in my environment

use at your own risk

but hey better then waiting for days for adobe to figure out what they broke.

ps learn to windows adobe team

pps sup james

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Colleeen h - what's this please ? It doesn’t seem to relate to the old conversation above. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe it's been 10 years after I posted the original problem, and 182k views later the solution still helps people today. Since then I've learnt a lot about display technology and color volumes, to the point where I am a stickler for accurate color with a handful of color calibrators and a collection of different monitors to reference my work on (and have a fundemental understanding of what the original problem was)

Additionally I wasn't the one that marked the comments as correct answers; I haven't seen this post since the last time I replied, yet there are new marked answers as late as 2017. At the time I did not believe the original answers tackled the true issue as I believed it was CS6. The most confusing part is why other versions of  Photoshop and other color software weren't having the issue. The answers were more like a workaround to fix a CS6 probem that I don't think should've occured in the first place. But I guess that technically means it was a correct answer. If it helps other users then all is good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a Dell UltraSharp U2723QE 27" 4K monitor and had the issue where Photoshop loaded with a yellow tint (including the splash screen). I went through so many adjustments as found in this thread but found the solution.

In Windows 11, go to System > Display and set "Use HDR" to Off.

I verified with Adobe that you must have HDR turned off whenever you use Photoshop. While that's a pain, I am happy I finally got a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Russ5D50 - this also may help: 

At least once a week on this forum we read about this, or very similar issues.

Unfortunately, with Microsoft hardware: Windows updates, Graphics Card updates and Display manufacturers have a frustratingly growing reputation for installing useless (corrupted) monitor display profiles.

I CAN happen with Macs but with far less likelyhood, it seems.

The issue can affect different applications in different ways, some not at all, some very badly.

The poor monitor display profile issue is hidden by some applications, specifically those that do not use colour management, such as Microsoft Windows "Photos".

Photoshop is correct, it’s the industry standard for viewing images, in my experience it's revealing an issue with the Monitor Display profile rather that causing it. Whatever you do, don't ignore it. As the issue isn’t caused by Photoshop, don’t change your Photoshop ‘color settings’ to try fix it. 

To find out if this is the issue, I recommend you to try setting the monitor profile for your own monitor display under “Device” in your Windows ‘color management’ control panel to sRGB. You can ADD sRGB if its not already listed. 

And be sure to check “Use my settings for this device”.

(OR, if you have a wide gamut monitor display (check the spec online) it’s better to try Adobe RGB instead).

Quit and relaunch Photoshop after the control panel change, to ensure the new settings are applied.

If this change fixes the issue, it is recommended that you should now calibrate and profile the monitor properly using a calibration sensor like i1display pro, which will create and install it's own custom monitor profile.

Depending on the characteristics of your monitor display and your requirements, using sRGB or Adobe RGB here may be good enough - but custom calibration is a superior approach.

I hope this helps

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines