• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White product photgraphy

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have to take some pictures of white products and then remove the background (white too).

Is there some way to do something like in this video in PS?

1. Take a pic of the background alone

2. Without moving the cam add the product to the scene and take another pic

3. Let the program do a subtraction and remove the background from the 2nd picture

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the new "Select Subject" or "Object Selection" functionality in Photoshop?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/making-quick-selections.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide images for testing?

I'm not a pro photographer, however, I would have thought that using a greenscreen or other process that provides better contrast and colour separation.

You could purchase the product used in the video. Difference blend mode would be the obvious choice as a start point to make a mask from two shots. I imagine that any shadows created by the product would cause issues, even with diffuse lighting etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Green is not a good background color for  being removed in still images green spill and possible green color cast is not easy to deal with.   A gray or black black background should be easier to remover then White of White.  You need good contrast for background removal. Adobe Object selection is getting better but  white on white will be difficult for it. Lighting the object an  background separately is important  taking you product shots. The should be good information one the web about taking product shots. You video is not using Photoshop its special application designed  for product photos sithe tools disign for resolving edges.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the spillover would be a concern but would be easy to desaturate. I'm not a product photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines