• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are color libraries and swatches in adobe so overly complicated?

Explorer ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are color libraries and swatches in adobe so overly complicated?

Trying to use swatches you saved in your CC library is a complete mess and really frustrating. None of the color tools inside your adobe apps have access to these swatches no matter the adobe app. Dragging these swatches into your swatches or gradient panels does not even work. The color picker only has access to color libraries stored as colorbook .ACB files. There is no way to export a group of CC library swatches into to the swatches panel or as colorbook file. Maybe it is just me or this adobe color ecosystem is a hot pile of male bovine doodoo to put it politely. New features get introduced without making sure they properly replace or are compatible with old features. If it is too hard at least give us some proper export or conversion options. Please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Hi @Ibo Vis this may be of some help. Clicking the individual swatch should automatically change the foreground color in Photoshop. If not, in the Library right click the swatch and choose "Set Color" to pick up the color in your current document.

Exporting a group of colors has been an issue for a while and promoted in this Ideas post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/how-to-get-colors-from-library-into-swatches/idi-p/12104998#comments

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to this friendly forum.

Photoshop is the industry standard professional raster graphics editor with a steep learning curve. You need to get some training to overcome your frustration.
Linkedin Learning have excellent step-by-step video tutorials such as: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/photoshop-2023-essential-training?trk=learning-serp_learning-searc...

And you can get 30 days free access!

Of course, return here with specific questions if/when you get stuck – have fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ibo Vis this may be of some help. Clicking the individual swatch should automatically change the foreground color in Photoshop. If not, in the Library right click the swatch and choose "Set Color" to pick up the color in your current document.

Exporting a group of colors has been an issue for a while and promoted in this Ideas post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/how-to-get-colors-from-library-into-swatche...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[personal comment removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't help but say something here.

First of all it's unclear if you're a beginner or not. It's not clear in the opening post.

And the forum is full of advice and if the post is not for you then you don't have read it, use it, or reply to it, in fact you can ignore it or simply say thanks but not really what I was looking for.

Where Dereks post was not the answer you were looking for, your query on the forum will be indexed.for searching through the forum and external search engines, so it will probably help out another person some day.

I have posts form 15 years ago still getting likes.

Can you please tone done your posts and the hostility. We are volunteers and not Adobe staff. 

We all have different experiences and advice. And I don't like seeing fellow volunteers here being slapped on the wrist in fits of petulance.

If you have a better idea to how these features work you can submit them

Report bugs or make a feature request

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

But please do not insult or post mean spirited things, as the people here who are most helpful will probably end up not wanting to help you.

I hope that doesn't happen and I think you owe Derek an apology.

Up to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Abo

Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I am aware of how setting a color works thank you. The issue of exporting a group of colors and the lack of intercompatibility between the cloud library system and the program native systems is what I am talking about. Thank you for pointing out the other thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ibo Vis I see nothing wrong in Derek's answer. Your post does not give an indication of your experience, although it does contain language that is far from polite.

As for your reply, it is sarcastic to the point of breaking forum guidelines. I am therefore locking this thread before it deteriorates further.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines