• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my autosave files not saving even though the setting is enabled??

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop crashed due to ntdll.dll, costing me hours of work because the autosave feature is absolute dogwater. It never saves any progress - actually, it only ever 'saves' files that I had open but not edited at all, and NEVER the files that I was actually working on. Does it just not autosave edited .psd files? What's the point of that?

I have the autosave feature set to save recovery files every 5 minutes. How is it possible I can work for hours and not have a SINGLE recovery file after a crash. Every. Single. Time.

I shouldn't have to frantically save a several GB size file after every brush stroke because an inportant feature in a grossly overpriced product just DOESN'T WORK.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to save the file at least once, so that it has a permanent address on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every file that I lose has been saved at least once. It doesn't matter, sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there available room on your primary scratch drive? 

Does the Library-Folder Application Support > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop … > AutoRecover exist? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines