• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I delete any shapes from the Shape window?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did an unwise thing and downloading some "free" shapes from the internet, but after installing them I wasn't that impressed, tried to delete them, and I found that the options to --  Rename Shape, Delete Shape, and Export Selected Shapes are permanently grayed out? So now I can only add shapes, but never remove them?  I suppose I could reinstall Photoshop, but then I would erase the large library of shapes I have already created for myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, all the other windows, Brushes etc, import and export as normal.

Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Me again --- Problem solved. Because I was using the drop down window to see my shapes there was no trash icon. But, when I opened the shapes window as a seperate window, there was a trash icon at the bottom right!  Shame there's no trash in the drop down window? Should there be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Although, there is still the issue/bug of the options to remove anything in the drop down version of the Shapes window being grayed out?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice till adobe fixes those issues is to use Window>Shapes to do your shape editing.

Screenshot-(307).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jeff, Yes, that was my intention. Let's hope the issue (if it's an issue, or I'm simply missing something somewhere) is still resolved though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines