• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I save a jpg? Where'd my options go?

Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are some reasons I wouldn't be able to see all the formats to save too? Recently updated, but maybe I pressed some keys I shouldn't have?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See previous discussion on this topic

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/can-t-save-as-jpg-most-file-types-are-missing-from-save-opt...

It's due to the recent 22.4 update which changed the behavior of Save As due to an operating system change made by Apple. You now use Save As Copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

huh, interesting lol okay, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe changed how  Photoshop UI and operation in its 22.4 update.  Photoshop Save As feature and UI has been replace and a new feature  and UI hast been added "Save a Copy..."  Save a  Copy works like prior photoshop version Save As feature however, it may add a " copy" suffix to  the file name saved.   You can still use a Photoshop Script document saveAs method to save a flat jpeg from a layered document. For example this script will save a jpeg on your desktop from a layer document without any document flattening.

"SaveDesktopJpeg.jsx"

var Name = activeDocument.name;
var jpegfile =  new File('~/Desktop/' + Name);
SaveAsJPEG(jpegfile, 10);
function SaveAsJPEG(saveFile, jpegQuality){
	var doc = activeDocument;
	if (doc.bitsPerChannel != BitsPerChannelType.EIGHT) doc.bitsPerChannel = BitsPerChannelType.EIGHT;
	jpgSaveOptions = new JPEGSaveOptions();
	jpgSaveOptions.embedColorProfile = true;
	jpgSaveOptions.formatOptions = FormatOptions.STANDARDBASELINE;
	jpgSaveOptions.matte = MatteType.NONE;
	jpgSaveOptions.quality = jpegQuality;
	activeDocument.saveAs(File(saveFile+".jpg"), jpgSaveOptions, true,Extension.LOWERCASE);
}

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines