• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why cant i paste the directory in photoshop batch window

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the love of all that is convenient and normal as of 2000 why is Photoshop CC 2015 making me manually find a directory with mouse clicks from a root folder? Some of my files are deep in subfolders, and this is just a very painful way to navigate Windows Expolorer. Please explain why I can't simply paste the directory like any other program written after 2000? 

Capture.JPG

There's even an inconsistency in this behavior in the same dialog window:
1.JPG

Please tell me there is some fix for this? I have at least 70 more batches to run, and I cant fathom having to manually navigate for the source directory each time. 

Than ks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newer versions of photoshop like photoshop 2022 now use the default File Explorer dialog, so if your able, you should upgrade to photoshop 2021 or 2022.

As far as i know one can't change the dialog that older photoshop versions use.

windows 10 and photoshop 2022

Screenshot-(973).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I can't install the software that you are suggesting. I guess I'm stuck with a broken UI. 

=(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of windows are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the Image Processor script that ships with Photoshop, or the more capable Image Processor Pro script – both of which can play an action while taking care of opening/saving which would be removed from the action steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried to paste address in Windows Explorer address bar after clicking on Choose button in Batch dialogue?

paste address in windows.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines