• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did it ask to record my screen?

Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was just using levels and it asked for permission to record my screen.

This does not seem right at all. Why did it request this?

I clicked Deny and just carried on with my work...

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

From the Knowledge Base article, Why am I getting a request to record my screen in Photoshop?:

"Apple introduced a new security feature in MacOS Catalina (10.15) requiring explicit consent before allowing apps to record information from the computer screen...This permission is only required if you want to use the Eyedropper tool in Photoshop to sample colors from other apps. If you do not grant permission, then you will be limited to sampling colors from within the Photoshop app."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

@zulmae92198337 it's not an Adobe issue, it's a security feature that Apple introduced

2023-05-28 11_32_30-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Knowledge Base article, Why am I getting a request to record my screen in Photoshop?:

"Apple introduced a new security feature in MacOS Catalina (10.15) requiring explicit consent before allowing apps to record information from the computer screen...This permission is only required if you want to use the Eyedropper tool in Photoshop to sample colors from other apps. If you do not grant permission, then you will be limited to sampling colors from within the Photoshop app."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you clicked "Deny" you won't be able to use the Eyedropper tool at all.

You'll need to go back into Apple System Preferences/Security and Privacy/Screen Recording and add Photoshop/Activate in the list and relaunch PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, I can use the eyedropper just fine now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you deny the permissions, it should prevent you from using the eyedropper tool to sample colors outside of Photoshop (for instance, if you wanted to sample a color from a file you have open in Illustrator).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one ever seems to answer 'why', when this same question is asked. 

Let's try again, why does Photoshop even want to record my screen? What an intrusive and invading idea. 

I pay my money, now leave me alone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@zulmae92198337 it's not an Adobe issue, it's a security feature that Apple introduced

2023-05-28 11_32_30-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for this info.

it does seem all a bit strange and invasive to me. 

if it is recording my screen, where is that data stored? who else can look at it?
or is it merely "sampling" my screen while i'm using the eyedropper, not actually recording it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could use the eye dropper to get colour from one point in another app, a bad app could do it a million times and record your screen. Photoshop only wants one point, and if you don't want to use the eye dropper for another app, just ignore it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines