Why do some features cease working after I have been working for a while?

New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

Somedays I will be working in Photoshop and suddenly, certain features will cease to fucntion. It happens with pretty much everything from selecting brushes to creating a layer mask to creating an exposure layer. VERY occasionally, this will be accompanied by the program hanging or even quitting out.

The features are re-enabled once I restart but once it has happened, I have to reboot my computer to make sure it doesn't recur again that day. 

I have noticed that it happens mainly on very busy days so I am wondering if there is some sort of cache that might be filling up and a preference which could prevent this - but I dont know.

My system -

Win10 64bit

Core i7-9700 cpu @ 3ghz

16gb memory

NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 Super

I am running Photoshop CC.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When Photoshop crashes, this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines