• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my background go transparent when I merge down layers?

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason when I merge down, my background layer goes transparent. I can still see the picture on the main viewing screen, but the thumbnail goes transparent.  I can save the picture, and see it in adobe bridge or Lightroom. However if I try to email it or import it anywhere, it will not upload or be seen.

37396D63-1D92-4BB3-8814-CA2018225E84.jpeg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layers panel in your screen shot does ont display any pixels so it makes sense that no image is dispalying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but the layers had pixels.  They disappear when I flatten the image.  The picture on my main image section is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see is "abnormal". Have you tried to reset preferences what is general advice for all things weird or abnormal in Photoshop? By the way, Background layer can not be transparent.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines