Why does my Photoshop return to default brush settings?

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am James from Chicago. I've just tried to alter some brush settings, such as turning on the shape dynamics' fade option and turning off the transfer option, but after drawing the first line, the default settings are restored. I tried the locke icon and saved the brush, but the default setting keeps coming back.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi James, sorry to hear about the trouble. Is it possible to record a video of what is happening or post screenshots? With the brush icon selected, right-click on the brush icon on the top bar and choose Reset Tool. I just tested this: I set fade to 300 percent, closed the image, opened another one, selected a new brush and the last fade setting is still there without saving the preset or locking the Shape Dynamics. Working in the same document, the settings are retained with each new brush stroke. Are you trying something different?

JainLemos_0-1661366052936.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines