• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the stroke only show after lifting the Zspeed pencil on iPad?

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Adobe Photoshop so I am not very familiar with the functions but I have a problem where the brush stroke only shows after I have lifted my pencil. I use an iPad and this problem does not exist in other apps such as ibispaintx or procreate. I am not sure if my settings are wrong or there's some other problem, so does anyone know how to fix this or had a similar experience? 

[Subject edited by moderator based on information added later by OP.

Was "Apple" pencil, but it was clarified that it is a "Zspeed" pencil.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a solution for you. Perhaps you could post some specifics about things like your Photoshop version number and which generation of Apple Pencil you are using for those more familiar with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! I am using Photoshop 2021 and a Zspeed 2nd Gen iPad Pencil, not an apple pencil (sorry my mistake). Is my pencil the reason why photoshop is not working for me? But this pencil works fine on other apps like procreate so should I get an apple pencil instead or is that not the problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I don't have any good information for you. Now that you've posted some specifics, hopefully someone will. Best of luck finding a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jie5CC1 

Since your question is about Photoshop for iPad, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to PS for Mobile, where you are more likely to get an answer.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi do you get any answer for this? i have the same issue. I use the Goojodoq pencil, which works fine on procreate, Adobe Fresco and any other apps but have the same issue as yours on photoshop.

So not sure how to change the setting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines