• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why is camera raw popping up instead of PHotoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so frustrated!  Everytime I open a photo in Photoshop, Camera Raw pops up instead and I cant close it to edit my photos in Photoshop.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Hi. In Photoshop check the options for Preferences > Camera Raw > File handling.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file type are you trying to open?  If it's a raw file, I think it does go automatically to camera raw.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. In Photoshop check the options for Preferences > Camera Raw > File handling.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jane-e wrote:

This does not sound like a bug, and we can move your post from Bugs to Discussions once we find out the issue. It sounds like a setting on your computer. Others have mentioned raw files. In addition, if you have edited a jpeg in ACR, it will continue to open in ACR.

@Moween 

I moved your post from Bugs to Discussions since this was due to a setting on your computer and not to a bug in Photoshop.

@marliton 

When posts are moved from Bugs to Discussions or vice versa, the "Correct Answer" that someone gives gets removed automatically, so I gave it back to you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input!  I have never used Bridge and I am not sure what ACR is but I followed @marlitons advice and checked the Raw file handling preferences option and it worked. Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're trying to edit a raw file, it should first be edited in Camera Raw. But after that, you can hold the shift key when opening the file, and it will open directly in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Moween 

This does not sound like a bug, and we can move your post from Bugs to Discussions once we find out the issue. It sounds like a setting on your computer. Others have mentioned raw files. In addition, if you have edited a jpeg in ACR, it will continue to open in ACR.

In addition to other comments:

• How are you opening the files? From within Photoshop, from File Explorer, or from Bridge?
  • What is the file format?
  • What are the file associations for the extension in Windows and in Bridge?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a .jpg file.  I have never had this issue before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a jpg, definitely do as Marliton suggested and check the file handling preferences, and possibly reset your preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a .jpg file. 

By @Moween

Before resetting Preferences, can you first look in Bridge? If there is an icon in the upper right of the preview, it means that the jpeg has been edited in ACR before and will continue opening in ACR. Right-click the preview and clear the settings. When the icon goes away, it should then open in PS.

If you want to keep the changes made in ACR then you'll need to export out a new jpeg.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines