• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Exporting Frames to Layers Taking so long now?

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to take me maybe 20 minutes to export 100 layers, if that. Now it's taking me several hours. I've not changed anything about the process and I'm using very small images (100x100px). This used to be a very fast process, I would say at least one icon exported every ten seconds. Now it's one every two to three minutes. Did photoshop 2023 change something?

Ps, please dumb your answers down for me. Judging from other forums I've tried to read on here, I am very much a layman in this computer/photoshop stuff.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Experiment , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

I feel very silly, but I did forewarn that I wasn't computer savvy. Thank you very much for your help but I found out what the problem was when I looked at the system info. Turns out I still had the 2020 version of photoshop. I deleted that, got the new version and it took about 10 minutes to save all 215 layers to files. 🙂 Again, thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hazelmr two questions:

1. Where are you exporting to? Local folder, server, synced folder/cloud service?

2. Can you share a screenshot of the Image Size window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to a folder on my computer.

I cannot, unfortunately. I can't do anything at all with photoshop while the files are still exporting.

And they're going to be exporting for at least another two hours as it has taken 3 whole hours to export 86 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats definitely not right. When you are done - Try resetting your Photoshop preferences manually. Note: Save any actions, brushes or other presets before resetting.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset-preferences

If no change after a reset, go to Photoshop Help Menu/System Info and copy/paste details in a reply. Post only once as the system takes time to process the large amount of data. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel very silly, but I did forewarn that I wasn't computer savvy. Thank you very much for your help but I found out what the problem was when I looked at the system info. Turns out I still had the 2020 version of photoshop. I deleted that, got the new version and it took about 10 minutes to save all 215 layers to files. 🙂 Again, thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines