• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my 3D rendering not working

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's going wrong with my 3D rendering? I opened a new page & tried to start a new 3D render and this happened.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArC-kzR2WDLaryOvrHnm79TKgrfm 

Can anyone tell me what's going wrong, and more importantly what I can do to get it working properly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried disabling Photoshop's 2021 native canvas support?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the preferences

2021-06-11 17_45_47-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what will this do to help me with my rendering issues??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@crash41 wrote:

From ACP @davescm , who said it well in another thread:

"Adobe is updating the core graphics functions in Photoshop. This is driven by the operating systems of Apple and Microsoft in which the old Open GL functions are being removed in the case of Apple, or deprecated in the case of Microsoft. This means that the graphics functions that have worked for years must be rewritten to use Metal and Direct X. At the same time, Adobe is sensibly updating those core functions to deliver the additional speed we require to handle the very large files of today.

"Deactivate Native Canvas forces the GPU to use the older GPU functions. After any GPU driver update, which could be delivered via your operating system, or after updating Photoshop, uncheck it and try the new functions again.

"Note though that some older functionality in Photoshop, such as 3D and Lighting effects, still relies on the older Open GL graphics and so also need Deactivate Native Canvas to be checked ."

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than likely fix the issue you have, if you do enable the option make sure to restart Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so I disabled the Native Canvas mode, and a whole NEW problem popped up...

I have a Mac that's only a year and a half old, and apparently, my graphics card doesn't support the new setting...

Is there nothing else I can do now other than getting a better graphics card??

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 12.23.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 12.23.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines