• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content-Aware Fill feature is greyed-out in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My content aware button is greyed out.  Why?

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

I had this issue. When you have selected the area with the crop tool, go to the top bar. There you will see a cog button 'set additional crop options', click this to show the menu and make sure that Classic mode is turned off. For me that fixed the issue and content aware suddenly came back as selectable again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Hi all,

I know that many of you are already familiar with the "Content Aware Fill" tool in Photoshop, but I wanted to share a quick tip to help ensure that you use it correctly. It's important to note that at times the tool may be greyed out due to an incorrect workflow, so I hope this tip will be helpful for all levels of experience.

Quick Tip: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-use-content-aware-fill-in-photoshop/td-p/13231725

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes indeed, it worked instantly for me. Much appreciated !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, You had a good answer since I wasted my time almost 2 hours. fortunately, I read it "Rasterize Layer"

Thank you very much~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if this layer is linked with another layer that does not allow content-aware scale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a selection in your image first, then choose the Fill button from the Edit menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue. When you have selected the area with the crop tool, go to the top bar. There you will see a cog button 'set additional crop options', click this to show the menu and make sure that Classic mode is turned off. For me that fixed the issue and content aware suddenly came back as selectable again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG that took me 1,5h Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work for me, there's no cog for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click the cog button everything is greyed out.

Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click on the layer that the picture is on, until your picture is opened in a seperate tab. Now, if you use the crop tool, it should work (at least it did for me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this as well and the content aware option is still greyed out.
Untitled-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I know that many of you are already familiar with the "Content Aware Fill" tool in Photoshop, but I wanted to share a quick tip to help ensure that you use it correctly. It's important to note that at times the tool may be greyed out due to an incorrect workflow, so I hope this tip will be helpful for all levels of experience.

Quick Tip: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-use-content-aware-f...

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pleas help photoshop content aware fill mission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've placed your image (as a smart image), now go over to layers, right click and Rasterize Layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this helped !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution. Make sure you convert your image into a layer. The button wasn't greyed out anymore. 

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 10.37.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines