• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my Photoshop creating these after images?

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... My name is Rodrigo.

Since de version 23.0 my Photoshop started creating thes after images while I work on them.

If I try to do anything in the image, the visualization is not updated unless I move it with the hand tool (hold space, click and move the screen) or resize it (Alt+mouse scroll).

Photoshop_DwaGVQE515.jpg

I tried to reset my Photoshop settings: I went into that toturial that says that I need to move the folder to the desktop and reopen it, but it didn''t helped. Actually it made it worse, because now when I resize the image (press alt+mouse scroll) it does it slowly.

So... This means that, even with the defaut settings, things are not working correctly.

What should I do then? My PC configs are on the attached file.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

First, try disabling GPU in the Preferences (Performance preferences). Any better?
If not, go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Deactivate Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Better?
Look and see if you have G-Sync enabled: 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-cursor-stuttering-amp-screen-flickering-in-photoshop-on-high-refresh-rate-g-sync-monitors/idi-p/12239947
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the Preferences (Performance preferences). Any better?
If not, go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Deactivate Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Better?
Look and see if you have G-Sync enabled: 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-cursor-stuttering-amp-screen-flickering-in...
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. On the Mac, that's part of the OS update(s) so if this is the latest OS version, you may need to roll back a release.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, again.

I followed these instructions and that's it. In fact, is my graphics card that's too much old. I'm using a GTX 1660 of 6Gb. And, apparently, it cannot support the latest version of Photoshop.

So, unchecking the box to use the graphics card have fixed the post images, but now the correction tool (J by defaut) is not showing the textures correctly. I select an area and, when I drag it, this selection should become something like camera and the area selected before should become something like a screen that shows the area I'm hoveing above with the selection that's being dragged around. But now it is not showing it until I release the selection, or when I press Shift while holding the selection above some random place of the image.

But anyways... This PC here, on my job, needs to be changed asap. But thank you for your help.

See ya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines