• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Photoshop Performance SO BAD!!!!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are in 2021 and you would think that Adobe would finally fix the terrible performance issues with Photoshop. but no. it's so terribly bad and I don't even know what versions are good anymore. They drop the ball on the past versions as soon as they release a new version. My question is WHY don't you keep ONE version that works well and make beta versions for those that want to experiment. People that depend on this software (like myself) just want a version that works flawlessly. 

Please get your stuff together Adobe. Please. I'm begging you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if you have a good mac with recommended specs then it works well otherwise go back to 2020 for stable work yet....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a iMac Pro 10 core 64gb ram 16gb VRAM and 2tb ssd ... if Adobe thinks is not good enough... then i don't know what to do anymore 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's almost 2023 and Photoshop is lagging in every click on a beast gaming PC under basic tasks, while 3D softwares, game engines runs smoothly under heavy tasks.

After years of use, I suggest you find an alternative software and leave Photoshop, as it shows no progress, other softwares offer smooth running for free!. 

Have a good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'........on a beast gaming PC.........'

That is absolutely meaningless system information.

FWIW Photoshop runs without any lag here on 2 separate PCs (and my daughter also runs it without issue on a laptop).

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that doesn't make a difference, but glad the function you use Photoshop for, works well on your PC. I upgraded to a better software, but appreciate your positive words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pabloc40625356 wrote:

My question is WHY don't you keep ONE version that works well and make beta versions for those that want to experiment.

You mean, why don't you stop updating the new PS code when you have a version that runs fine for you, OR why don't you just roll back versions? NO one forces you to update this product! That is my answer to your question. 

If you wish to roll back to an older version, use the Creative Cloud application, click on the three dots (...) and select “Other Versions”.

On my new MacBook Pro 16" the latest version of Photoshop is blazingly fast. 

As for software that runs flawlessly, and for 'everyone' what software products can you tell us are bug-free? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, great idea, but done already. This is only my oppinion after years of use for people facing same issue in the future, but I changed to another similar software that runs better under the same circumstances, so doesn't matter anymore. Enjoy community support work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I experience significant lag and bottlenecking when inserting a 256px image into the canvas or interacting with buttons, despite my system being equipped with 64GB of RAM, an SSD, and a 6-core CPU. I suspect there may be an issue with hard drives in hibernation mode or similar factors contributing to these bottlenecks. Interestingly, I don't encounter these issues with other software that handles workloads exceeding the complexity of Photoshop files. Performance has become a critical concern for many developers, designers, and content creators. I discovered this thread while seeking a solution to these performance issues, and it appears the problem persists. As an industry standard, using Photoshop is essential; notably, Photoshop 7 delivered impressive performance. While Photoshop has undoubtedly made the world a better place and remains a popular software, it is disheartening to witness increased inefficiencies, such as requiring additional button clicks for simple actions and other peculiar behaviors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines