• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Photoshop saving & Printing everything with a blue hue?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I save my images from photoshop & print them, it casts a strong blue hue over the entire image & ruins it. I can't figure out why this is happening! Is there something wrong with my color settings? I don't even know where to start. Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help!

This is how it saves & prints                                  This is how it's supposed to look & print

Blue tint.pnghow it should print.jpg

Here's it actually printed - see the blue compared to the white boarder where there is no image

after printing.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your color profile settings under Edit/Color Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-08-24 153030.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the very first thing to do is REMOVE that DELL display profile from RGB Working Space! NEVER set a display profile there. 

Next, check the three check boxes under "Gray" above and open the document. What do you see, and do you get a warning dialog from the check boxes? 

And you really need to view this:

See: http://digitaldog.net/files/PhotoshopColorSettings.mp4

Photoshop CC Color Settings and Assign/Convert to Profile video

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I check the box under grey, there's no warning or anything and the other options are just different percentages. It just has options like "Dot Gain 20%" and so forth. 

Also, I'll look into thee video link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't set the Dell profile as working RGB! The document profile needs to be a standard color space - i.e. sRGB, Adobe RGB, ProPhoto.

The monitor profile is a separate thing, performing a different function. It is set at system level, and Photoshop gets it from the operating system. If you're using a calibrator, don't do anything. The calibrator sets it all up automatically.

All color management needs two profiles, a source and a destination. Color management is not a "thing", it's a relationship. You need both profiles.

In the same way, printing requires two profiles, the document profile and the correct print profile. You set this up in the Photoshop print dialog. I suspect that's the immediate problem here and the reason for the blue cast. Please post a screenshot of the print dialog also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'm trying to grasp everything here. Thanks to everyone for explaining. I'm sorry I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff - Iv'e never had any reason to study it in depth. I mostly do photography & just rely on Lightroom & Photoshop to kind of work (which is ignorant on my part) but it's never given me issues until recently. 

Screenshot 2021-08-24 153030.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that's the wrong wrong screenshot

Screenshot 2021-08-24 200548.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those settings for Print seem fine. 

What prints if you use those settings but this test image?

http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the settings to North America General Purpose and click OK. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me nuts. Now that Iv'e changed my RGB settings from Dell to Adobe RGB, everything that I print & embed is yellow when it should be white. None of this makes any sense! 

Screenshot 2021-08-24 211809.jpgScreenshot 2021-08-24 211902.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like, photoshop is now changing everything that should be white & giving it a yellow tint. When I save it it still has a yellow tint. If I print inside photoshop it still prints blue. If I print outside of photoshop from the original document (before brining it into photoshop & saving it) it doesn't print blue. But if I save it from photoshop & export it as a jpeg or PDF or anything, it saves it with a yellow hue & prints blue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I do Photoshop saves it with a yellow huge, and then as you can see here, when I go to print it (and when I actually print it) it all turns blue. So now it's not even just a print issue, it's the fact the photoshop itself is converting my white images to offwhite-yellow. I'm just so frustrated, and I'm clearly no expert. I don't deal with this stuff every day for a job or anything so I don't know how I'm supposed to be expected to understand all of these settings. Screenshot 2021-08-24 215231.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the Dell monitor profile is corrupt/defective. They often are from Dell. The yellow tint is a classic symptom.

Using that profile on document level will cancel out the display color management chain and disable it. That's why it seemed more or less OK, because it would make Photoshop behave like any other non-color managed application.

This would only affect color managed applications that actually use the profile. In the Photoshop interface, the basic UI elements are not color managed, but the image window and all panel contents are.

If you open the color picker and see yellow where there should be white, then that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can fix it if it is corrupted, or what are my options?

Thanks for heliing, I'm sorry! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ALL due to your color settings being really messed up. Using a display profile for the Working Space and having the checkboxes off. Again, I'll bet you now that they are fixed, if you open the Printer Test File I suggested, it will appear and print correctly. 

Because your color settings were so toasted, the previews of the actual data was completely wrong as was the printing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just don't understand how they got so messed up! 😞 I never touch the settings because I don't know what I'm doing & they're always worked fine. So I don't know how they got changed to the point that everything is a mess. It still prints blue & everything is still yellow. I think I changed my settings to the correct ones now based on what everyone on here is telling me, but still no luck. I have tried the test file , but this problem is specifically occurring when I print or save documents from photoshop. If I just print the test file as is without photoshop, it prints fine. When I print it from photoshop, it has a blue cast where the background should be white. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It got messed up because you were using the wrong profile(s) and the previews were simply wrong. 

Does my test file print correctly? 

Your files are either too yellow or blue because again, what you saw and then presumably edited was a mile off. My test file isn't; you don't have to edit it or even be concerned with the soft proof (preview), just send the RGB values as is, to the printer using the profile you used and setup you showed us earlier. How does it print????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The test print, If I print it from Photoshop still has a slight blue cast on the background (is it supposed to)? But when I print it straight from my computer, like with Windows Photo Viewer & print it from there, it's normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should not be blue. Sounds like the profile is iffy. But it also sounds from your description that it is not anywhere as bad as what you tried earlier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, not as bad as the image that I initially attached in my original post. It's a very light hint of blue rather than that intense blue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you please post your current color settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$RP7VBQP.jpgScreenshot 2021-08-26 202546.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So where did you get this profile for this printer? Are you using the right ICC profile for the paper and printer combination?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines