• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Photoshop showing an objects previous location? How can I turn this off?

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really know how to word this so that it makes sense. But since the last few updates of Photoshop, whenever I move something on the screen it is showing guides from it's previous location. They remain on the screen until you click off onto a different file tab. This is very annoying, and I am hoping it is just a new setting that needs to be checked off. But I have no clue what to do. This has been driving me insane for months.

Photoshop Screen Shot.JPG

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines