Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Photoshop so stupid?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

why are Adobe insisting on adding more functions when they haven't fixed the existing ones? To justify the coercing into a subscription model most people do not want, they have to come out with an annual "new version".

In the new versions, you usually get a batch of new bugs that take about half a year for Adobe to fix. Just when you're up to speed, then it's time for the next annual upgrade. Yes, yes, I know you don't have to upgrade. But why release halft products all the time?

Current top annoying things that should have been fixed years ago (my edition)

1. Shape tool, pen tool etc. fill/stroke setting
Why is there a universal setting for these tools? If I change the outline and fill on one, it automatically change for all other tools. Why would I want the pen tool remember the setting from the shape tool. 

2. Align function canvas setting

Here's an AI tip for you. If I select two item on a Canvas, the align tool should understand that I now want to align these two items. Instead of having to go to the settings and change from canvas to selection each time. One should also be able to have a default setting like for example the Canvas. You get the point. I think in Illustrator they've fixed this.

3. Text tool>select text - super annoying

If you highlight text, you cannot choose a color from the swatches. As swatches (this is a good thing) adds my last colors, it'd be convenient to just click on that. Now I have to selct text with the V-tool and then it works. If you are typing text, one should be able to directly select allt text in the layers panel by double clicking. As it is now, you first have to deselt the type tool and then you can select it with double clicking in the layers panel.

I could go on and on but will stop here. Point being. Develop the functtions you have before adding new half measures. Having said this. There are of course a lot of things that works briliantly. This is more a policy/management problem.

Have a good one!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are of course a lot of things that works briliantly. 

By @gorana39509332

That's what keeps me sticking with Adobe despite the headaches that come with broken releases every year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines